For Our Military

The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) helps veterans and active military students transition into college life and academic success.  

The VRC offers assistance in accessing VA benefits and VA healthcare through the Veteran Success on Campus (VSOC) and Veterans in Transition to Academic Leadership (VITAL) programs.  These programs serve as the on-campus face of the VA to address the unique needs of Veterans in college.

Veterans Resource Center & Veterans Counselor

Mondays - Thursdays: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, walk-ins welcomed pending staffing availability. Counseling & Advising appointment preferred.
Fridays: VRC Closed, Counseling & Advising by appointment only

Location: BS 103

Phone: 808-455-0410

Military & Veterans Counselor

LeeAnne Egan
Phone: 808-455-0274

Office Hours: Mondays - Thursdays: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Counseling & Advising appointment preferred through remote service (phone, email, video chat). In-person appointments are welcomed, pending faculty/staff availability.

Services offered:

  • Academic Counseling
  • Veteran Benefits Application Assistance
  • MYCAA degree plans
  • Tuition Assistance submission assistance
  • Joint Service Transcript and CCAF Transcript requests
  • Active Duty/Dependent Scholarships Search
  • Veterans Resume Writing Workshops
  • Job postings and announcements for Veterans
  • Job Prep assistance
  • Veterans Group Support Services

Read more about VetSuccess on Campus Program

VSOC Program

VSOC Counselor

Selina Higa
Direct Phone: 808-433-0569
VRC office phone: 808-455-0313
Office Hours: by appointment only

Services offered through the VBA's VSOC program include:

  • Assistance in accessing VA benefits, VA medical referrals, or Veteran-specific career and employment services.
  • Referral for health services through VA medical facilities and local Vet Centers, information on submitting a claim for Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VRE) as well as locating community and campus resources.
  • Supportive guidance to ensure Veterans' health, education, and VA benefit needs are met, while utilizing their VA educational benefits.

VITAL Program

VITAL Clinical Therapist

Dr. Eunice Yap
Office Hours: by appointment only, request by email.

Services offered through the VHA's VITAL program include:

  • On campus clinical counseling for student veterans with PTSD or other concerns, including relationship problems, academic functioning, or general adjustment to civilian life
  • Assisting the veterans with understanding and accessing VA healthcare and other veterans' benefits
  • Providing information about PTSD, other Mental Health concerns, and the VA to faculty and interested students
  • Working with faculty or staff to enhance student veterans' potential for academic success
  • Serving as a guest lecturer on topics such as PTSD, the VA's role as a healthcare provider, or other related military or mental health concerns
  • Collaboration with veterans' counselors currently located on campus
  • Promoting access to VA services


To read information about VA Benefits, review the information posted by the VA School Certifying Officials at:

After registration of classes, you will need to certify your classes.  To do this, be sure that you are eligible to use the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits.

To certify classes, this is handled by the VA School Certifying Officials.  You are required to submit:

  • Veterans Student Enrollment Information Form (VSEI) (pdf)
    • VSEI Form is required to be submitted EVERY semester you plan on using VA benefits to pay for your tuition &/or receive benefits.
      • STEP 1 - Click on the VSEI Form link above, print out the form. (To receive a blank form from other campus resources, you can also email or
      • STEP 2 - Register for your classes, fill out the form, and sign.
      • STEP 3 - Take a picture or scan the form to your UH account email and send to your Program Counselor’s email or the Veterans Resource Center Counselor’s email at or
      • STEP 4 - If your classes fit your degree program, your Counselor will sign and then submit the form for you directly to the VA School Certifying Officials at (If the Counselor submits the form back to you, please do not hesitate to forward the signed form to the 
  • Responsibility Statement Form (pdf)
    • The Responsibility Statement Form is submitted once and kept as a contract agreement in your file.
    • Print, initial, and sign the form.  Submit to the VA School Certifying Officials at  This document is submitted once and kept as proof of eligibility in your file.
  • Certificate of Eligibility or Education Enrollment Status
    • The Certificate of Eligibility is a letter received from the Department of Veterans Affairs to show proof of your eligibility to use the VA education benefits.
    • For 9/11 GI Bill® (CH. 33) benefits, you can also consider using the Education Enrollment Status.  This is a print out or picture image of the information on ebenefits.  To find this, log into ebenefits, click on "manage", then "education", and "Post 9/11 GI Bill® Enrollment status".
    • This document is submitted once and kept as proof of eligibility in your file.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.

For more questions, please contact the VA School Certifying Officials located in the Admissions & Records office at:
Phone: 808-455-0644

Consider making a donation and helping us serve those who serve our country:


Visit our counseling office for academic advising.

Details on How to Apply
Step by step instructions on how to apply to become a Leeward student. more info

Details on Veterans' Benefits

Leeward CC's Veterans Affairs provides assistance to eligible student Veterans, Active Service persons, Dependents, Reservists, and National Guard Members with state and federal educational benefit programs.  The VA staff is committed to servicing all qualified and disabled veterans and their dependents in their educational pursuits.

Yellow Ribbon Program 
Leeward Community College is an approved participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP). This program allows our institution to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the resident tuition and fees of our public institution. Read more…