For entering students, Leeward uses a variety of ways to check your skill levels in English and math, so you'll be placed in the right level of those classes.
You can use any of the placement measures below. If one of the measures below leads to placement in a developmental education class, you have the option of taking a placement test if you think it will improve your placement.
Placement measures for entering students:
- Cumulative High School GPA
- 12th Grade English Grade
- 12th Grade Intro to College Math Grade
- 12th Grade Alg 3, Trig, or Pre Calc Grade
- Algebra II grade
- Algebra I grade
- ACT Writing / Math score
- SAT Writing / Math score
- HiSET Language Arts / Math score
- GED Language Arts / Math score
- Smarter Balanced Assessment (English)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment (math)
Testing During COVID
Due to COVID-19, Accuplacer is temporarily not available.
If you need to take a placement test for English or Math, you can use an online option through EdReady.
- For Math: Use the Ed Ready Math Path Suggestion form to determine which path to take. Select the suggested path based on your major.
- English Language Learners: There is no online option for the English Language Learner placement test. Please schedule an appointment to take the Accuplacer Placement Test. To schedule an appointment, email the Test Center at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name, email address, and University of Hawai‘i student ID number. For more information, please visit the Test Center's website.
Contact your counselor if you have any questions.